Monday, November 25, 2024

ER Visit Post Brain Tumor Surgery

ER Visit Post Surgery

I appreciate the prayers so much. It's been a tough recovery. Collin took me to the ER early this morning. I had a severe headache that woke me a little before 3am. I took my pain medicine and put an ice pack on my head and the pain only got worse. After I started vomiting, Collin called the nurse helpline and they said come back to the ER at the hospital where I had the surgery. They had to do a CT scan and blood work. They pumped me full of terrible medicine that made me extremely dizzy and sick. They also gave me nausea medicine. Unfortunately my headache didn't go away.
After my headache returned in full force, the doctor gave me a migraine cocktail along with the kitchen sink and an IV. Finally my headache subsided. They sent me home with another kind of pain medicine that would work better for the migraine type headaches. I get various kinds of headaches and apparently need different medications for them. They told me to go ahead and see my endocrinologist because they can test hormone levels and see what else is going on. I don't have an infection thankfully. I have an appointment with my endocrinologist tomorrow late morning. My white blood cell count is high but that's pretty normal after surgery. There's no CSF leak, thankfully. I slept all afternoon. I appreciate the texts, calls, food, and messages. I will try to respond when I can if I haven't already.
I'm thankful my sister and dad were about to help with my kids today. I appreciate those who offered to help as well. We had to leave the younger two at home when we headed to the hospital early this morning with a note. They both came while we were driving to the ER. Maybe I can just sleep for a few weeks and feel better. I feel like I've been hit by a bus to be honest. I'm so grateful to be alive and able to see but my body doesn't do well with medicine and I'm not feeling great.



No comments: