Tomorrow it the Big Day!
Early tomorrow morning is the big surgery day. I got a call around 4pm this evening to go back to the hospital to redo a CT scan. This wasn’t in my plans this evening but in life we have to be flexible. I’m so thankful to my friends and sister who are helping with my kids while I’m in the hospital. I’ve enjoyed spending time with various people these past few weeks and am so grateful for the love shown to us. Thank you all so much for the love and prayers.
Many of you have asked how I’m doing. Honestly, not great but I’m trusting God. That’s really all I can do. I’m not looking forward to this surgery. I’ve told Collin several times I’d rather not do this, but honestly there’s no other way around it. The tumor will only grow and I could lose my complete vision, and continue to have the other issues I’m having if it’s not removed. That’s a frightening thought! I’m trying to be brave for my kids. Everyone’s outcome is different. The pituitary gland is the master gland of our bodies. It seems to have some kind of control over every aspect of our bodies. For such a small gland it really is a powerhouse! And I want to encourage each of you, that even though we each play what we feel like is a small role in this world, we actually have a huge impact on those around us. Like the pituitary gland, we can make things easier or harder on those around us. We can bring joy to others or make someone’s day worse by how we respond, including in traffic. I want to encourage each of you, my dear friends, to do something nice for someone else tomorrow or today-if you’re reading this on Thursday, my surgery day. If you read this after my surgery is over, go ahead and do something nice for someone that day too. In fact, I’d love for each of us to everyday try and show kindness to others.
I won’t know how my life will be changed until after my surgery. It could take several months to fully know how my life will be different. Tonight I’m going to meditate on my faith in the Master Healer. Jesus said in Matthew 17:20: “Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.” I often wondered if that’s why we have earthquakes. Someone’s faith caused a mountain to move.
How is your faith? Do you know Jesus? If not, let’s have coffee or lunch sometime. Tonight I am asking God for complete healing. I’m asking our heavenly Father to give me peace and comfort on what lies ahead. I’m trusting that I will be okay.

No comments:
Post a Comment