Monday, November 11, 2024

ENT Surgeon Appointment is Scheduled

ENT Surgeon Appointment is Scheduled

I have an appointment tomorrow morning with the ENT surgeon. Thank you for the continued prayers. From my understanding, this should be the last specialist I'll see before surgery is scheduled. I'm trying to be at peace with all of this. I'm grateful for the prayers and feel extremely thankful to be seen as quickly as I have been.

I've shared with several friends how I miss my blissfully ignorant life when I thought something was off but I would press on anyway. I miss the freedom and luxury of driving my kids to their activities. The unknowns of post surgery worry me the most. I'm going to continue to ask our Heavenly Father to be at peace, thank Him for what I've been blessed with, and to help me rejoice in whatever the outcome is. I'm thankful for the vision I have, as there are people who have never been and to see, I'm blessed we caught this tumor before my vision was lost completely. I pray the optive nerve isn't permanently damaged or further damaged during the surgery. I pray my pituitary gland isn't severely damaged during surgery. But like Daniel prayed in Daniel 3:17-18, before getting thrown into the lions' den, " If this be so, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us..." (Referring to the lions' den). In my situation, even if God's plan isn't to completely restore my health, I will continue to praise His name. And honestly, this surgery is less scary than being thrown into a den of hungry lions. My situation could be much worse.

No comments: