What I shared on Facebook after surgery:
I just got a CT scan at 3:30am and probably won't sleep much more tonight. I appreciate all the prayers. My biggest prayer request was that I could see and not be blind. God has given me that and more. I have a lot of IVs in my hands, so it's hard to hold my phone very long. I will answer texts and messages later. But I wanted to give an update to let everyone know that I am okay. I got to see two of my kids this evening. One advantage of having a girl who looks older is nobody asked her age when she arrived. Many friends and family came up during my surgery and God has surrounded us with more blessings than I thought it was possible. My nose is a little bloody still and I can't wear my glasses very long because of the pressure on my nose. But from my understanding it sounds like they got the tumor out. I really didn't want to get the septoplasty unless required to get the brain tumor out. Thankfully, the ENT surgeon was able to just shave some of the bone inside my nose to avoid that extra surgery. I'm so grateful for that. I'll let Collin share the cool news about the optic nerve and how the tumor was breaking through a bone or something and crumbled. He's with me in the surgical ICU but is asleep thankfully.
I'm going to lay back with my eyes closed again. I'll share pictures when these IVs are out of my arms and hands. It's quite impressive what they can monitor. Thank you again for all the prayers. I appreciate those who came up to the hospital to be with Collin while I was in surgery as well. And I enjoyed seeing some of you. I've prayed that if God can use this event to share His love and faithfulness with at least one person, it will all be worth it.


No comments:
Post a Comment