I have to interrupt my cruise posts with a life update. While I love living in Germany and have a lot of great friends here, most of them eventually move away. One of the hardest things for us when we moved to Germany was leaving our wonderful friends and family in Texas. It has taken a while to finally develop closer friendships with some people here. Today I found out our good friends Jon and Kristine Miller, are moving tomorrow! That is Army life. While we are not a military family, most of our English speaking friends are part of the military. Kristine called me this morning to tell me. Caden and I went to her house and said our goodbyes. We ate lunch with them and left. Her son, Matthew, is one of Caden's friends. It's hard when people move away. She is one of my few friends over here who also practices attached parenting and is financially savvy. I like talking about finances and it seems like a lot of other ladies don't. So when I find a friend who is interested in that topic we bond quickly. We were also in MOPS together. I wish you the best of luck, Miller Family. Although I doubt they will ever read this post - I have never shared this blog with my friends in Germany. Maybe when I move back I will. Anyway, it has been a sad day for me. On the positive side, they are moving back to the States because Jon was accepted into flight school. So congratulations, Jon!
1 comment:
That is sad when friends move away. Sorry girl. I would be happy to talk about finances, cutting coupons and saving money any time you want to! HA!
Post a Comment