| Skyline Restaurant |
Today I am 29. The age that some people stay for a long time. On my birthday I like to reflect over the past year as well as years and see how far I've come. I'm very goal-oriented. So I like to have a plan. Although I am also trusting and know that God has plans that are better than mine too and that my plans are not always His plans.
Overall I'd like to say that the past 29 years have been great. I have definitely had my share of trials and hard times but I also have a lot to be thankful for, especially when it comes to Collin and Caden. If you would have asked me 5 years ago if I would have thought I would be spending my 29th birthday in Germany I would have told you with certainty no. If you would have asked me if I wanted to have a child, I would have said yes.
| Big bouquet of flowers! |
When I think of birthdays I think about spending time with family and those I am closest to. One of the hardest things about being in Germany is not having extended family around. Thankfully we have some great friends in Germany and I have the best immediate family living in my house so that makes up for a lot. It doesn't replace my family and friends in Texas but it makes life in Germany fun.
Collin and Caden spoiled me this year. Collin took us to lunch at one of my favorite restaurants in Mannheim, the Skyline, the restaurant similar to the Reunion Tower in Dallas, except you have to pay to go up there. This year I had the mixed fish and vegetables which was very good. Collin went overboard with gifts. First of all I have to remind everyone that Collin is truly wonderful. I am very grateful to God for him and never would have thought I would be so blessed with such a man. His gifts are just a perk, even if he would have brought me weeds from our yard, he would still be amazing. This year he bought me a watch from Skagen, Denmark, beautiful flowers, a HUGE bouquet, a teach yourself to play the piano book and video (I had to stop taking piano when I was 12 but wish I would have been able to continue with lessons), a few books - a baking book and the new Duggar's book, and two TV seasons. We are not big TV people but occasionally we'll find something through Netflix that we like. Well, I stumbled across Drop Dead Diva a few months ago and had been waiting for season 2 to come out on DVD. Collin also bought me 18 Kids and Counting. I had never seen that show before and we stumbled across season 1 and 2 on Netflix and decided to buy season 3. We would not have bought these seasons if Netflix had them, but they don't.
After we ate cake tonight we played Don't Break the Ice with Caden. It is so much fun being able to play games with Caden. I am always keeping a lookout for games he can play. Collin is now putting him to bed while I write this blog entry.
The night did not end how we had hoped. Caden ended up throwing up all of the cake, ice-cream, and dinner. Yuck! After giving him another bath, er shower, Collin sat with him until he fell asleep. That put Collin to sleep so now it's around 9:30pm and I'm going to read a book then go to bed. Man, birthdays sure do change when you get older. I remember staying up super late in my teens and early twenties. Collin gets up early so I don't blame him for going to bed. I should do the same too as Caden also gets up early. I'm just waiting for the laundry to finish so I can put it in the dryer.
Thank you Collin and Caden for a wonderful birthday! Also thank you Dad, Cathy, Jim-Dad, Reba-Mom, Tracey, and Emily for the special presents as well. All of you are too kind! And to all my friends and family who wished me a happy birthday, thank you.
The night did not end how we had hoped. Caden ended up throwing up all of the cake, ice-cream, and dinner. Yuck! After giving him another bath, er shower, Collin sat with him until he fell asleep. That put Collin to sleep so now it's around 9:30pm and I'm going to read a book then go to bed. Man, birthdays sure do change when you get older. I remember staying up super late in my teens and early twenties. Collin gets up early so I don't blame him for going to bed. I should do the same too as Caden also gets up early. I'm just waiting for the laundry to finish so I can put it in the dryer.
Thank you Collin and Caden for a wonderful birthday! Also thank you Dad, Cathy, Jim-Dad, Reba-Mom, Tracey, and Emily for the special presents as well. All of you are too kind! And to all my friends and family who wished me a happy birthday, thank you.
1 comment:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY! So glad you had a nice birthday! You look beautiful in the pics :)
Post a Comment