Friday, June 17, 2011

Rachel's Baby Shower

This time of year is super busy.  So many of my friends are having their first and second babies.  My friend, Rachel, just had her daughter (second child) in May.  I helped throw her a small baby shower.  A few other friends were going to help but the timing when her parents were in town did not work out with other peoples' schedules.  So we kept it small and it was lovely. 

I am not the most creative person and my friend, Nicole, was going to plan the games.  Well, after a last minute trip came up for her she wasn't going to be in town.  So I looked online and found two games that were different and fun.  One was draw the baby.  Since Caroline was already born we had a contest to see who could draw the best picture of her.  The second game was I had two bowls and filled one with cotton balls.  I blind-folded each person and they took turns to see who could get the most cotton balls into the other bowl in 30 seconds.  Both games were a hit and nobody at the party had played those games before.

This was my first baby shower to throw basically by myself.  I have helped with a lot of bridal showers and a few baby showers but not doing all the planning.  I think it turned out good and with time I'm sure I'll get more creative and come up with more things to do.


No comments: