Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Caden's First Trip to the Dentist

It is recommended that a child visit the dentist after they turn 1.  So we decided to take Caden to the dentist in Texas rather than in Germany.  He really did not appreciate being "held down" while a stranger messed with his teeth. He's smart, I wouldn't like that either.  Thankfully he loves his parents brushing his teeth and will even help us and sometimes cries when we take the toothbrush away.  That's when we know he's just chewing on it or playing.  Caden's 12 teeth look great.  The dentist cleaned his teeth and flossed them.  We were not aware that we needed to floss his teeth so that's something new for us to do.  We were also told to start using fluoride toothpaste on his teeth.  There's a lot of controversy on that matter so we think we're going to wait until he can spit the toothpaste out of his mouth before giving him fluoridated toothpaste.  What are your thoughts?
I'm happy sitting in this chair

I'm not liking this!

Mommy, don't you see what they're doing to me?! (He seriously cried the whole time, I felt so bad!)
All done!

2 comments:

Lolly Fab said...

I think waiting is wise, especially considering y'all seem to brush his teeth on a very regular basis. Just to be safe--regarding the flouride, I'd wait, too.

:)

The Campbell Family said...

I would also wait. I'm sure the first time is scary, but now that he knows it doesn't hurt hopefully he won't mind next year!