About a week ago we flew home to Texas. My sister is getting married and I really wanted to make it to all her showers and be here to help with wedding preparations. Collin worked really hard and got some training approved about an hour from my parents' house so we were able to come earlier than we originally thought.
Last year when Caden was 2 months old we made the trip overseas and it was exhausting. Although at that time I was up around the clock with him anyway so jet lag and establishing a new schedule wasn't as difficult. My how things have changed. We went ahead and paid extra for a seat on the plane for him. He only slept 1.5 hours on the plane. Which was actually a pretty normal nap. We had a difficult time getting him to sleep because he wanted to explore the plane and say hello to everyone. But he finally gave in when Collin took him mid-plane and rocked him in his arms.
I, on the other hand, did not do so well. I got a horrible headache about 6 hours into the flight that turned into a migraine. They served us pizza and seeded grapes for dinner - a terrible combination. As my migraine progressed so did the nausea. When we were about 30 seconds from landing I threw up, thankfully in a barf bag. I have never thrown up on a plane before and I don't get motion sickness. It was from the migraine. About a month ago I threw up one evening when I had a migraine but won't say where.
Saturday I went to my sister's first bridal shower. It was really nice. By Saturday evening I started feeling sick and got another migraine. Sunday morning I woke up with a sore throat and a pounding migraine. We headed off to church but I felt like I was going to throw up at any moment so we turned around and went home.
Monday I met my best friend since 7th grade for lunch. She is pregnant and just found out she's having a boy. I'm so excited for her! I was feeling better in the morning but by the evening felt horrible. Tuesday I had to cancel a play date I was looking forward to and went to the doctor. I got some medicine and today I am finally feeling better. I ended up having a viral infection and allergies.
My sister and I went and got our nails done and I got a facial today. I have really enjoyed hanging out with her. Being away from family and friends makes living in Germany difficult. Tomorrow I'm going to my first ladies' night out (since Caden was born) with some really good friends. I'm looking forward to it.
Overall, it has really been nice being home. I have enjoyed my parents and seeing my siblings. Caden has had a lot of fun! He likes chasing my parents' dog and hanging out with my dad. I'm looking forward to seeing more of our family and friends. Collin is working the first two weeks we're in town so Caden and I have missed him. Thankfully we've been able to eat dinner with him. He's such a hard worker and great dad and husband.
No comments:
Post a Comment