Saturday, September 11, 2010

Caden and Friends

Having a kid is so much fun.  I LOVE being a mom.  We had Caden at a great time.  Many of our friends in Texas had kids around the same time we did.  One of my favorite things to do is take Caden to play with his friends.  Not only does it give him a chance to play with other kids but also gives me a chance to catch up with my friends.

We also have a lot of wonderful friends who do not have any children yet and we love seeing them too.  This coming week we hope to see more friends and family since Collin is on vacation and not working.  Yay!  He worked very hard these past two weeks and learned a lot.

Thursday morning I met up with an old friend from high school.  She has a four-year old that is so cute.  We met for breakfast.  After Shea picked her daughter up from pre-school it was time for Caden to take a nap so we didn't get a chance to let them really play.  Sadly, Bria locked her mom's keys in her car and they had to wait for someone to come unlock the car.  Meanwhile I needed to get my son down for his nap.  They were gone by the time Caden was sleeping.  We had a great time catching up over breakfast.

Caden and Bria

Friday morning I went to see my friend Emily Campbell and her son, Ryan.  Ryan is 7 months and a very happy baby.  It was neat seeing Caden around a younger child.  Caden mainly wanted to chase their cat but he seemed to think Ryan was cool too.  I know as they get older they will enjoy each other more.  Emily and I also went to school together.


Caden and Ryan

Friday evening I had a lingerie shower for my sister and stayed out until 10:30 with her and her friends.  I know, I'm a night owl, haha.  I had a great time seeing some of her friends and hanging out with her too.

Girls Night Out

While I went out with the girls Friday night, Collin invited his friend Burt over.  They stayed up and talked until almost 1am!  Talk about a night owl.  They have been friends since kindergarten and Burt was in our wedding. 

Today we met up with our good friends Andrew and Rose.  They have two kids, Austin and Avery.  We had planned on meeting them at their new house but we're sharing my parents' cars and were unable to borrow a car until it was too late to drive out there.  So we met them for dinner.  Collin and Andrew went to graduate school together and both worked for the same company after college.  Thankfully they both have moved on and have more family firiendly jobs now.  We also used to live on the street next to each other.  They are such a neat family and we have missed them a lot.

Rose, Austin, Avery, and Andrew

No comments: