Thursday, September 9, 2010

Having Fun!

We have really missed living in Texas.  It has been so nice being home and seeing our family and friends.  The first week we were home I was sick and Collin was working and staying in Dallas.  Thankfully I was feeling well enough to meet one of my good friends, Chase, for lunch.  Chase is pregnant with her first child, a boy.  I'm so excited for her and Brandon.  We had a great time eating BBQ and catching up.

This past weekend was fun.  I went out with my two good friends Ashley and Jocelyn while Collin hung out with his good friend Bernd.  We spent Friday night at Bernd and Ashley's house.  It was nice seeing them and watching our kids play together.

Off to hang out with the girls
Caden and Autry on a magic rug ride

Sunday after church a big group of our good friends got together for lunch.  I love our church here.  Legacy is a large congregation but has a small church feel to it.  If you are looking for a church in the mid-cities area I'd highly recommend visiting Legacy. 

Monday I got together with Ashley and Jocelyn for a play date.  Collin and Bernd went to play golf.  Philip would have joined them but he's out of town because his mom is really sick.  Hopefully we'll see him this weekend.  The girls' went to a neat park in Grapevine and then went back to Ashley's to swim.  Here's a picture of our three sweet babies.  We were all pregnant at the same time.

Autry (May '09), Caden (June '09), and Levi (July '09)

Other than that I have been busy helping my sister get ready for her wedding.  I went to one of her bridal showers and have two more this weekend.  I went with her to her dress fitting and even got to take some bridal portraits of her.  She is a beautiful bride!  Michelle and I have also enjoyed getting our nails done and hanging out.  I have missed my sister and am so glad I got to come in town as early as we did to participate in some wedding planning.

Most of Michelle's bridal party after her shower

Last night my parents watched Caden while Collin and I went on a date.  We ate at Simply Fondue which was really good.  We had only been to the Melting Pot but wanted to eat downtown and noticed that was new.  My dad tried putting Caden to bed and almost had him down but he kept waking up.  Thankfully we weren't too far away and got to spend a few hours together before coming home.  I really appreciate my parents for watching him and helping it.  It was a MUCH needed break.

I got to take Caden to see Great-Grandmother Dot yesterday.  She's my closest grandmother.  She smiled a lot when she saw us and loved watching him.  I can't wait to see her again.  We've seen my other grandmother and Cathy's mom is coming in town this weekend.  We always wished we had more time when we're in town but are never able to see everyone we want.  Next weekend we get to see some of Collin's family before heading to his hometown to see his parents.  We are really looking forward to seeing his mom and dad and brothers, sister-in-laws, and all his nieces and nephews. 

There is so much more to write about but my time is limited.  To sum it all up, we have enjoyed being home so far.

2 comments:

Jocelyn said...

i'm so glad you could come home too! i'm happy you are enjoying your visit and getting to spend lots of time with your sister and family. :)

The Campbell Family said...

Sounds like a great trip so far!! We look forward to our playdate tomorrow!!