Diaper tip of the day: don't wash cloth diapers with towels. I was washing a load of towels the other day and thought I would wash a few cloth diapers with them. BIG mistake! When I took them out of the dryer the towels had a funny smell. I put my sweet husband to the test. I gave him one of my "clean" towels after his shower. I asked him if it smelt like urine. At first he didn't notice it but as he was finishing drying off he could smell it. So note to self, wash cloth diapers only with cloth diapers. Needless to say I had to wash the towels again. I did not, however, rewash the diapers. They did not smell like urine but smelled clean. Strange. So much for trying to make life easier.
3 comments:
Hey, I didn't know I was the guinea pig! The things we guys do for our families. ;)
I've heard sometimes it's good to run cloth diapers on an extra rinse cycle- just an idea! :)
Emily - I actually ran it on two extra rinse cycles since I was washing them with towels. I think the towels absorb the urine or something. I learned not to cut corners when washing cloth diapers. :)
Post a Comment