Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

This Mother's Day was especially special to me since it was my first.  Collin and Caden were so sweet.  They gave me beautiful flowers and a new wallet filled with money to use at the spa or however I want.  My old wallet was falling apart and I have had a difficult time finding a good wallet.  Collin did a great job picking one out, it even holds Euros which are much bigger than USD.





Last night was horrible.  I had a bad migraine that only got worse as the night went on.  Our neighbors had a party outside and were playing very loud techno music.  Our house was shaking and we have double pane windows and our walls are made of cement.  It was awful.  They were drunk and just being very loud in general.  In Germany there's a law we found out that you are allowed to have a party in your yard and play loud music until 10pm on the weekends.  Caden couldn't go to sleep because of the music and so he was up extra late.  At 10 the music was still playing and I was getting sicker.  By 11pm I was throwing up.  My poor sweet husband cleaned it up.  I barely made it to the bathroom and just leaned over our bathtub.  My head was throbbing.  I HATE migraines and when they don't get better I get really sick and throw up.  I had taken some medicine but I think I threw it up but was not sure so I wasn't able to take anything else.  Needless to say it was a rough night.

This morning I was feeling much better but was still really tired.  My headache was not gone but it was manageable.  Collin cooked me a wonderful breakfast.  He made buckwheat pancakes and whole wheat pancakes.  We did a taste test to see which we liked better.  We usually make one or the other but we have never made both at the same time.  We ended up not going to church because of the lack of sleep last night.  We were both sad about missing.  Thankfully one of our friends covered the youth class this morning since we were absent.

Collin was going to take me to the park for lunch and to a really cool restaurant at the park but it was raining so we decided not to go.  He grilled some yummy steaks instead.  Then for dinner tonight he grilled veggie burgers for us.  I love his cooking so it was a real treat to get three meals at home today made by my dear husband.

This afternoon we had our first big scare with Caden.  He took a pretty good fall and bumped his head on some wood.  We felt so bad for him.  I called the nurse advice line and the nurse suggested we take him to the ER.  We decided to just watch him since his head was not bleeding.  We went through the check list in one of our baby books and he responded fine to everything.  It said to keep a close watch on him for the next 6 hours.  He's in bed asleep now so we'll go in and check on him before we go to bed.  He has a pretty good size scrape and bump on his forehead.  Poor little guy.  I'm not going to mention who was kind enough to watch him when this happened...



...you guessed it.  He felt horrible about it, we both did.  =(

I feel so blessed to have such a wonderful son and husband.  Happy Mother's Day to all the other Moms out there.  One of life's greatest blessings is being a mom! 

1 comment:

The Campbell Family said...

Great Mother's Day pictures and sounds like you had a wonderful day being spoiled by your two boys as well!! I LOVE your new headline picture, SOOO cute! Sorry about your migraine, hope it continues to get. Be sure next time to report your neighbors at 10:01pm ;) haha. Hope Caden's head feels better soon too!