One thing I really like about Germany is our local bank. Not only is it just a 5 minute walk from our house, just about every time I go there with Caden they give him a toy. After he was born they gave us a German baby book as a welcome present. As the months have gone on we have been given stuffed animals, key chains, and this week a soft stuffed ball.
Our bank teller asked Caden "would you like a toy? Let me see if I have something for you." She returns with the ball. While I'm depositing my Euros I give Caden the ball. He looks it over then promptly drops it on the floor. He is now at the age of throwing everything you give him on the ground and then anxiously and happily will look for it and watch as you go and pick the item up. As I pick it up Caden laughs at me.
I said to Caden: "Mommy will have to put this away until we get home because I don't want you throwing it in the street." The banker laughs and told me she might have a solution. She opened a few drawers and found a thin piece of rope and punched a hole in the tag of the ball. Then she threaded the rope through the hole. I was then able to tie the ball onto Caden's stroller so he wouldn't throw it in the street on our walk home.
While many Germans I encounter are not the "friendliest" people, for the most part the people who work at our bank are. Thank you Volksbank! Does anyone else have good experiences with their local bank?
No comments:
Post a Comment