Monday, March 29, 2010

We made it!

Last week Collin was out of town for a work conference. Caden and I stayed home. Collin told me we could go with him but the thought of taking our 9 month old and hanging out primarily in a hotel all day did not sound very appealing. I of course was also not looking forward to 24/7 "single parenting" either. But we made it.

I was a little worried how it would go because Caden is starting to have separation anxiety. If I leave the room or move out his site he breaks down in tears. This makes doing the laundry very challenging because our bedrooms are on the second floor and our laundry room is in the basement. We primarily play in the living room (on the first floor) or the office/large loft (on the third floor). But thankfully during his naps I was able to put some laundry in and do some cleaning. It does get tiring. Now I see why people pay others to clean their house and why hiring a babysitter can be very beneficial.  I just need to find one!

Most nights went really well. There was only one night when Caden woke up around 11pm and I had a hard time getting him back to sleep. I was too tired to continue walking him and holding him so I gave up and brought him to bed with me. Thankfully he fell asleep and actually slept until 8am the next morning. I think I woke him up when I was folding laundry on my bed.

We had several outings this last week and I even gave him his baths by myself. If you've seen my bath tub you'd know why this is somewhat a challenge. It's extra long and deep and hard to reach down and wash a small child. Overall we had a wonderful time and I took him to the park three times. We also went and saw Courtney and her son William and went to MOPS. I feel so blessed to have such a great child and a wonderful husband. I'm now more confident that I can survive in my German house alone with a baby. This was my first time to sleep here without Collin too. But I LOVE and prefer to have Collin home. Caden and I are both so glad he's back.

Here are some more pictures of Caden at the park.  He loves the swing!

2 comments:

Jocelyn said...

glad you survived your week alone! I LOVE the pics of Caden in the swing...he looks so happy and like he is having a blast!

The Campbell Family said...

Precious! I can't wait till we can go to the park and he can enjoy the swing! :)