Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Malaga, Spain - Mediterranean Cruise

Malaga, Spain - March 5, 2010

We decided to take a 40 minute horse carriage ride around Malaga and saw La Alcazaba, the Cathedral, Plaza de Toros (La Malagueta), and Playa La Malagueta.  Caden seemed to enjoy the ride, this was his first time to ride a horse, or a carriage pulled by a horse.  Then we walked around the city and passed Museum Picasso and visited Pablo Picasso's birthplace.  His house was not very impressive, but his art was neat to look at and some of it honestly looked like something a child would draw.  I guess if you live during the right time you can make big bucks or someone makes big bucks off your work once you die.  We also went into a run down mall and bought a snack at a local Dunk n' Donuts, it's not the same food, I got a smoothie and it was horrible!  Everyone else got coffee and a donut.  We had a nice time in Malaga.

One more thing, I also decided to get a haircut in Malaga.  I don't know why I like to get my haircut in any country but Germany but I do.  I don't speak Spanish very well but thankfully Collin is fluent.  So he told the man what I wanted and the guy did a great job.  The only thing different was the man who cut my hair sat down to do it.  Don't most people stand?  Oh well, for 17 Euros you can't beat it!

Castle

At the beach
On the horse carriage

In front of Picasso's house

View from across the street of Picasso's house

Malaga from our balcony on the ship

Before haircut

After haircut, I have a funny smile but I think the guy did a good job.

I will post our ports of call as five separate entries since there are so many pictures I would like to share.  Then I plan on doing one more cruise blog post of our time in Barcelona as Part 3.  Thanks for reading.  I know it's a lot!

No comments: