
I recently turned another year older. As a child I always loved my birthday. My parents did a great job making us all feel special. Caden's birthday is very close to mine so he gets very excited about my birthday and his. I love his enthusiasm as he wants to count down to both of our special days.
This year Collin and I got a babysitter to go out for dinner one night. We hadn't been on a date since our anniversary in January. We ate at the Cheesecake Factory downtown and had a nice evening. We decided we really should try and go on dates more often. It just is expensive to hire a babysitter and go out so we don't go out very often.
Collin tends to make birthdays about the whole week or weekend. Pretty much he wants to celebrate as often as possible. The night before my birthday we went to Olive Garden. This year, rather than get a cake, I decided to just get desserts at different places. Cheesecake at the Cheesecake Factory, Black Tie Moose at Olive Garden. Then on my birthday my dad and step-mother took us out to Chick-Fil-A for lunch. Along with my sister and brother-in-law. I was so glad they could come! I chose that place so my kids could play. Gracie was able to climb all the way to the top of the playground! She's one brave little girl. Caden always has fun. After Gracie's nap we went to my brother's house and swam. Then for dinner my dad took just my family out. We were going to go to Salt Grass but there was a gas leak nearby so we went to the Keg. We all ate delicious steaks and had a nice evening. For dessert I had some kind of mocha ice cream cake. It was so good!
Collin and the kids got me some pretty flowers and a beautiful dress. Collin is so cute. He bought two sizes since he wasn't sure how the sizing on maternity clothes worked. He also told me to rehire our house cleaner last week so she'll be coming every other week again, at least until the baby is born and I'm back up on my feet. This summer's heat is taking its toll on me. Having someone come and clean the house has been a huge blessing. If only she folded laundry...but seriously, not having to clean the bathrooms or vacuum the stairs. It's been really nice. People don't realize that stay-at-home moms stay just as busy if not more busy than moms who work outside the home. One big difference is we're with our kids all day and spend plenty of time at our house where lots of fun (messes) happen.
I cannot tell you how excited I am about welcoming our third child. A few years ago I really thought we'd just have Caden. Which, I was fine with as he's pretty much perfect. :) However, I always wanted to have at least two, if not more. The fact that God is entrusting us with another child is really awesome. I'm a little overwhelmed as my hands will be full but I'm rejoicing with the upcoming birth of our second son. I know he's going to be well cared for and his we're all going to welcome him with open arms. Having a child is always the best gift.
I'm looking forward to celebrating Caden's birthday next! I can't believe he's about to be 6! Thank you family and friends for all the nice gifts and messages.
 |
| We went to the zoo a week ago. It was so fun! |
 |
| Birthday Date! |
 |
| We had a delicious dinner at the Cheesecake factory but the dessert was really the highlight! |
 |
| Avery and Grace getting to swim together for the first time! |
 |
| My brother and I with our babies. |
 |
| Birthday dinner with family. I wish I would have gotten a group picture! |
 |
| My guys in the garden. Doesn't it look great?! |
No comments:
Post a Comment