Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Pursued Weekend

This past weekend I was able to go on a "retreat" with some women from church called Pursued.  Very little was revealed beforehand.  We were taken to a beautiful lodge in the country about 1.5 hours away.
 
Since some of my friends have not been on Pursued I'm not going to go into many details about it.  But I will say that it was fantastic!  A truly life-changing experience.  My relationships with these women really grew.  My toolbox to defeat Satan is now full.  I barely slept even though I honestly had one of the most comfortable beds that is not mine to sleep in while I was there.
 
All women need to have a Pursued weekend experience.  Going through this I have grown so much.  I finally truly feel set free and full of life.  It's amazing how a weekend away with God can change you. 
 
I have the best husband in the world.  Collin took such great care of Caden while I was gone.  This was the first time in my life I went a day without talking to Caden.  That was hard but I needed to spend that time with God.  No phones or computers were allowed.  When I returned my guys met me with two roses, a red one and a while one.  It was so sweet.  I'm such a blessed wife and mother.  Maybe someday when the right words come, I'll share some of my story with you and a little more about what I learned and how I changed from this weekend.  One of my favorite things I was reminded of this weekend is how women are the grand finale of creation.  We were created for a specific purpose and God has an awesome plan for all of us.  If you're ever able to go to Pursued, go.  You will be so glad you did.

1 comment:

Jocelyn said...

sounds wonderful! i'm glad you had a weekend just for you and your faith!