
Our good friend and old next door
neighbor, Michael, from Germany came to visit us for almost two weeks. One of the
places he really wanted to go was Southfork Ranch, which was the ranch
where the popular TV show, "Dallas," was filmed. The ranch is actually not
in Dallas but in Parker, TX, near Dallas. My friend, Emily, just happened to take a day off work when we decided to go so she came with us.
As
someone who had never seen the show, I have to say the tour was very
interesting and worth going on. It actually made me want to watch the show. I'm sure the library has the series. Maybe I'll even see what the new "Dallas" show is like.
Before
the official tour began, we were able to walk through a museum from the
show. There were pictures of the actors, props from the show, and
short clips from different series. After we walked through the museum
we all boarded a seated train-like wagon pulled by a tractor. The tour
guide drove us around the ranch and told us the history of it, who
originally owned it and who owns it now. He also pointed out
interesting facts from the show. We ended up at the main house in which
the stage was designed from. The show was actually never filmed inside
the house because a family lived there while the show was filmed. We
were able to tour the house and all the rooms have been staged for
tourists.
I enjoyed the tour and I know any fan from the show "Dallas" would like it too.
 |
| Michael on the train ride! |
 |
| Ranch House |
 |
| This table and the pool were the only things the show could use by the house |
 |
| Collin and Michael |
 |
| Marisa, Emily, and JR |
 |
| Michael, Collin, and JR |
No comments:
Post a Comment