We
try and emphasize the Christian reason for holidays such as Christmas
and Easter but we also let Caden participate in some of our culture's
traditions such as going on an Easter hunt and finding an Easter basket
with some goodies on Easter morning. He also receives a few gifts at Christmas.
I
read somewhere about filling plastic Easter eggs with candy for a lunch
box. I thought, what a fun and genius idea! In fact, why not fill it with food for his lunch? Caden LOVES eggs! Real eggs, pretend eggs, wooden and plastic eggs, it really doesn't matter, he loves them. He also loves footballs, I think because they are sort of in an egg shape, but I don't know. :) In fact, he likes to sleep with either his footballs or wooden or plastic eggs, every night. No joke! We can forget stuffed animals, just give him a football or two or one or two pretend eggs and he's one happy kid going to bed.
For Caden's lunch today I washed the Easter eggs, cut
up some ham, cheese, carrots, washed grapes, and added cheddar bunnies,
and some dark chocolate almonds. I wrapped them in surround wrap (you
could just put them in a clean egg) and placed the little baggies in
different Easter eggs for Caden's lunch. You could add anything
your child likes that will fit in an egg. To make Caden's lunch
extra fun I added a little green grass and his favorite fruit of the moment, a
banana. He was very excited watching me make his lunch. I think he's
going to love it!
1 comment:
what a cute idea! I bet he loved it!
Post a Comment