Thursday, October 25, 2012

Texas City Pumpkin Patch

I have been wanting to take Caden to a pumpkin patch but every weekend in October has been packed with parties and activities.  In fact, last weekend alone Caden was invited to four birthday parties.  We made it to two and also went to a friends house for a pot luck.

Several weeks ago one of my Mom's clubs was going to go to a local city pumpkin patch.  It ended up raining or something and anyway it had to be rescheduled.  Do to our busy schedules Caden and I couldn't make it that day.  So today I was determined to take him.  Of course it starts sprinkling on our way and even sprinkled some while we were there.  Thankfully Caden had a lot of fun picking the perfect pumpkin, actually he picked three but when he needed to go to the restroom he left his while pumpkin somewhere and we never found it.
 
This pumpkin patch is actually at a stone yard.  They had a lot of pumpkins and a big bounce house with a big slide.  You only pay $1 per person to get in, can take as many pictures as you want, and the pumpkins are pretty reasonable.  The entrance fee is donated to the local food bank.  Caden enjoyed the big slide on the bounce house the most.  I had fun on it too.  Here are a few pictures from our city pumpkin patch.  I think we'll plan on going there next year too.

There were two hay stacks with pumpkins for pictures
 


There were several large pumpkins

One ankle of the pumpkin patch


Climbing up to the slide
Going down the slide
We spent about 45 minutes there having fun



No comments: