One lady taught the kids how cotton is grown and then made into thread and then cloth to make clothing. Another lady showed us how they collect honey from bees. Then we divided up with the group we came with and toured the farm. We saw chickens, all kinds of vegetables, and lots of apple trees. Caden had a great time and enjoys being outside and with other kids. Thanks, Loni, for inviting us to join you guys!
| This is how people used to make clothes. It would take 90 hours to make one man's shirt. Yikes! |
| Bee Gear to get honey |
| Enjoying the presentation |
| Caden and a horse apple |
| Watching the hens and roosters |
| Yum, fresh black eyed peas! |
| Looking for the perfect apple |
| Going in for the apple |
| I got one! |
| Caden wasted no time eating it! |
| Coming through the apple orchard |
| I really want a garden |
| Caden wanted to pick other veggies... |
| Time to wash the apples. Caden asked, "we were supposed to wash them first?" |
| Caden and his apple picking friends |
3 comments:
looks so fun and educational!
Looks like fun! I emailed them (Elissa and I wanted to take the kids), but they said they are only open for field trips. Guess not!
How sad, Melissa! A friend invited me. I know she had to make a reservation.
Post a Comment