We spent almost a week in California and had a wonderful vacation. My older brother, Shawn, married the love of his life, Kelly, on Laguna Beach, CA. It was a dream wedding, one that I always thought I would have, barefoot on the beach at sunset.
Friday we went to Laguna Beach in the morning to see Shawn and Kelly and the rest of the people who came. Then my dad and other siblings went to Hollywood. Collin and I thought we would have more time but the traffic was so bad about 2 hours each way, all we had time for was to walk the Walk of Fame and buy a few t-shirts. Caden got car sick and threw-up again because of the stop-and-go traffic. Hollywood is pretty dirty and we wish we would have just stayed at the beach. Friday night we joined the wedding crew for a lovely dinner in Laguna Beach.
 |
| Michelle and I reenacting a pose from childhood |
 |
| Silly face for a silly author |
Saturday evening was the wedding and it was beautiful. Kelly was gorgeous and Shawn looked really nice too. The reception was at a delicious restaurant overlooking the ocean.
 |
| Cathy, me, and Michelle |
 |
| My handsome guys! |
 |
| Opa (my dad), Caden, and Collin |
 |
| My siblings |
 |
| Drew and Kristyl |
 |
| Best wedding kiss ever! |
 |
| Caden during the ceremony |
Sunday Collin, Caden, and I took Drew and Kristyl with us to Newport Beach, specifically Balboa Peninsula. One side of the Peninsula is a very nice beach, the other side is the bay. Collin, Caden, and I took a boat tour of the bay and saw sea lions and famous houses. We ate delicious fish and chips for lunch, road a farris wheel, and then went swimming in the ocean on the other side. Collin and I both would like to go back to Newport Beach. There are lots of shops, restaurants, and things to do within walking distance. We walked down the pier and had a wonderful time. Sunday evening we met everyone for dinner.
2 comments:
Great pictures and thanks for sharing.
Best regards to everyone from good old Germany.
Michael
looks like a great vacation!!
Post a Comment