Last Thursday we closed on our house! Friday, the movers came with our household goods from Germany and we got to spend our first night here. Caden woke up happy for about the first time since arriving in Texas. He woke up in his new room with some of his toys and did not want to leave!! We will not have a refrigerator until Monday, so we have been going out for breakfast. We had a difficult time getting him out the door to eat breakfast, which is one of his favorite meals of the day! Needless to say, we all love our new house! Our furniture and everything fits beautifully. Once we get internet set up and finish organizing and unpacking, I'll post pictures.
My parents are so wonderful, they watched Caden for us on Thursday when we did our final walk-through and closing. Our closing should have only taken an hour, however, the mortgage broker tried adding an extra $1279 fee! It was for lender's insurance, which is not something you really need, but was something that her company was going to pay as a promotion to use them. Lets just say we were not going to close until that fee was removed. Especially since we had to pay almost $9000 in closing fees! We watch every penny we can. :)
Friday, my aunt graciously watched Caden ALL day while the movers were here. She took him to the park and he had a great time. He loves his Aunt Karen!! Collin and I helped the 5 movers put the boxes in the right rooms and I lined about half of my kitchen with contact shelf paper and immediately started unpacking boxes. I pretty much emptied every box labeled kitchen so the movers could take some of the empty boxes away. By the end of Friday, our house was a huge mess. Shawn stopped by Friday to see our house and say hello.
Saturday, my sweet friend, Emily, came over and helped! She helped me organize my kitchen, clear my counters, played with Caden, and go through random boxes of toys and other goods. Drew and Kristyl stopped by too.
Tomorrow our refrigerator is supposed to arrive. Our awesome washer and dryer arrived Friday morning before anything else. I feel completely spoiled! I love it! I've been washing clothes none stop. It's huge and fits about 3x the amount of clothing as my German washing machine and cleans everything a lot better too. I was even able to wash my comforter! Sadly, I don't think I have ever washed that thing. Now, I'll be able to easily wash it all the time!
We feel truly blessed to live in such a nice house and be back in America. We enjoyed our time in Germany but it is great to be home. Last weekend Collin took a few days off work and we went to see his parents. I love that our families are now all within driving distance. It was a LONG drive, but at least it's better than flying overseas. Caden did great on his longest car trip yet. It took us 8 hours to get there and 7.5 hours to get back. I caught a terrible stomach bug that lasted 6 days. Other than that, we had a wonderful time. A few of Collin's nieces came to visit us and brought their kids. I love his family.
1 comment:
so happy to hear all that news! can't wait to see it!
Post a Comment