We are so excited about finally finding a house! Thank you for your prayers. Every few days we go by the house and look at it thinking about what we need to buy to finish it out. Caden loves seeing where his new room will be. He's also excited about the new big trampoline we're going to get him for our backyard. I'm just excited to have a nice size backyard. Our lot is about 1/4 of an acre. We were looking at buying an acre in the country and building a house out there. However, I'm honestly glad we're not doing that. Lots of yard means lots to water and right now this part of Texas is under a drought.
At the top of our list of things to buy are a washer and dryer. I posted a question on Facebook about what kind of washer and dryer people recommended. Thank you for your contribution. I was really considering getting a front loader but now am back considering a top loader. One main reason is because you have to leave the door open and knowing my adventurous son, he will eventually climb inside the washing machine if the door is left open.
Last night I paid for consumerreports.org for a year. It's interesting to read what Consumer Reports recommends and then read the readers' reviews. It seems like many of the "top" rated items have low consumer ratings. I have a few requirements with this purchase. I want a washing machine that really cleans clothes and can sanitizes them. Hopefully we will have another baby and once we do, I would like to use cloth diapers again. Caden has very sensitive skin and I think sensitive skin is in our genes. So most likely we'll have to plan on doing that again with any future babies at least for a little while. I also want a washing machine and dryer that are very quiet. The other two requirements, something that won't lay wrinkles in our wrinkle-free clothes and something that is pretty fast.
Other items we need to buy include: bedroom set for Caden, a king size bed for us, a dining room table set, and media room or living room furniture. We're probably going to purchase things in stages since we don't want to incur debt with our purchases. First Caden's room, then our room, then the other rooms. If you know of a good place to buy good quality furniture at a reasonable price, please let us know.
The other large item we are waiting on buying is another vehicle. We're waiting to close on the house before purchasing this. We're trying to decide if we want to pay cash for something or buy a new or almost new vehicle. We hate debt and have learned that there are many advantages to not having a car payment. So we will see. I really want something that has rear air conditioning. I have heard that minivans are great for young kids and I love the ones with automatic doors. However, I like the looks of SUVs more. There is just so much to consider.
We are so grateful to God to be back in Texas. We really enjoyed our time in Germany and are glad we did it but there really is no place like home.
2 comments:
I never wanted a mini van either but we needed more room than our Honda CRV had after Lily was born. We looked at the Odyssey and the Pilot to upgrade and ended up with the Odyssey. I like the automatic doors, the DVD player and the fact that you still have trunk space even with the third row up. The Pilot didn't have much room if you had all the seats up. Also mini vans get better gas mileage. We looked at equivalent cars in Toyota too but we always go back to Honda. Our Accord has over 100,000 miles on it and still drives like new.
Very exciting! can't wait to see the house! Glad it is all going well, answered prayers for sure!
Post a Comment