Friday, April 6, 2012

Concert, Playdates, Birthdays, and More!

Ever since we moved into our house, things have been even busier for us.  On top of having to unpack, this is our first move with a child, we are continuing to get involved in fun activities.  I'm a stay-at-home mom who loves to get out of the house!  We've had great weather lately and we're trying to enjoy it before it gets too hot.

This past Wednesday, I took Caden to his first concert.  It was at Will Rogers Memorial Concert Hall and we saw Stephen Fike, a children's artist.  Caden and his friends had a good time.  However, I think he'll enjoy it more in a few years.  I was surprised how well he paid attention and was engaged.  It was an hour and I think that was the perfect length of time.  There was a total of 6 moms and 9 little kids who came from Legacy.  The place was packed, there were bus loads of school kids there.

After the concert we went to eat lunch with our friends at Central Market.  The kids got to play on the playground after they ate.  Then Caden and I went to see my maternal grandmother, Grandmother Dot.  It was her birthday.  Caden picked out a flower at Central Market to give her, we made her brownies and bought her a piece of chocolate cake and a card.  She was delighted to see us.  She loves Caden and he loves her too.  Of course I love her as well!  She is very dear to me and we are and were very close.  Happy 88th Birthday Grandmother Dot!!

Another exciting thing we've done is I've joined a MOMS Group.  The first week we were in town, Caden and I went to a MOPS meeting at a church close to my parents.  It was fun and I enjoyed the ladies, but our schedule has not worked out where we could attend again.  Last week Caden and I went to a MOMS Group meet-up at someone's house.  It was kind of strange walking up to someone's house you don't know but we both had a great time.  We went to another meet-up yesterday and joined the group.  I also got two referrals for babysitters, hooray!

We also try and meet-up with friends from church at least once a week.  Besides going to the concert, we've enjoyed trips to the zoo and museum. 

Also, we finally bought Caden a big trampoline.  He LOVES it!!  Collin and I do too!  Pictures to come.

Monday night we had our first cook-out.  My parents and both brothers and their girls came over and we cooked hot dogs and hamburgers.  Sunday we're having extended family over for Easter and I'm making brisket among other things.  We love our house!  We'll get internet next week so I'll be able to start posting pictures.  I'm doing a photo shoot for my friend on Saturday.  She's engaged to a great guy!  I look forward to meeting him.  I hope everyone has a wonderful Easter weekend.  We are so blessed because of Jesus.

No comments: