Sunday, April 11, 2010

Just call me Baba

These past few weeks Caden has been saying Baba a whole lot. We kept wondering what he was referring to, was it his toy ball or his word for baby? Several days ago we realized he's calling me, his mom, Baba. He looks at me and says, "Hi Baba." We also did the test. I sit across the room and Collin, while holding him facing away from me asks, "Where's Mommy?" Caden will turn to me, smile, and usually crawl to me. So Collin asked, "Where's Baba?" Caden got really excited and looked at me and crawled across the room to me. I then ask him, "Where's Daddy?" And he looks and crawls to Collin. It's so cute. When I hold him and ask him "Where's Baba?" He looks at me and smiles, laughs, and claps his hands. He's known our names for a long time and has been able to say Dada for several months. Even though he isn't able to say, "Mama" or "Mommy" yet, I'm glad he has a name to call me. Just yesterday his Baba started sounding more like Bahmah. And no, he's not talking about the president.


I think Caden is going through a growth spurt. He seems to be eating more. He also has woken up in the middle of the night every night this past week. Which is odd because he usually sleeps through the night. Every night but last night he woke up crying. Last night, however, I woke up to laughter and lots of squeals and I heard a banging noise. I got up and looked in his room and he was holding onto his crib rails and jumping on his bed having a lot of fun. I thought it was so cute and funny I woke up Collin so he could see him. He likes to jump on his bed during the day but he's never woken up in the middle of the night and done it. At 2:30 I was afraid I wouldn't be able to get him back to sleep. But thankfully God made breast milk.

This past week, my sister, Michelle, got engaged. Her fiancé proposed to her on her birthday. We are super excited for them and are looking forward to welcoming Kyle into our family. Congratulations!!


Lastly, we just paid off our 2008 Subaru Forester. When we bought it we were hesitant to buy a new vehicle because cars lose so much value and we didn't want to pay interest. Well, they had a deal that if you financed for 2 years you could get 0% interest. It was hard, especially going down to one salary, but we did it. Now we own two vehicles free and clear. We both hate having car payments or any other kind of debt for that matter.

 Our paid off SUV!

1 comment:

Jocelyn said...

caden is just too cute! i love that he jumps in his crib, so fun! and clapping it too cute as well! congrats on paying off the SUV...that must be a nice feeling :)