Thursday, April 15, 2010

Fun at Luisenpark

Yesterday some of my friends from MOPS had a play date at Luisenpark in Mannheim. It's this really big beautiful park not too far from where most of us live. There were about 9 moms and probably 14 kids or so. Most kids are a little older than Caden so I invited my friend Courtney and her son William to come along. Caden and William are about one month apart in age so they play a lot together.

The first animal we saw when we arrived was a friendly duck.  I think he was hungry.

They even had penguins.

And a beautiful peacock that roamed free.
Caden wanted to play with him.

There were a lot of birds. Caden really enjoyed watching and talking to this one. He started crying when it was time to move on.

Courtney and William enjoying the beautiful weather and scenery.
 
I wish I would have known about this park sooner. There is so much to do there: play grounds, even one that is built like a castle (we do live in Germany), lots of grass to run and play on, lots of beautiful gardens including a Chinese Garden and restaurant, bumper cars, boat rides, bounce houses, a petting zoo and more. We spent about 5 hours there and still didn't see everything. Once Caden is walking on his own I plan on going back. I think Collin would really like it too. Here are a few more pictures from our fun outing.

 
William and Caden enjoying the wooden train
 

3 comments:

Jocelyn said...

wow! that looks like a really neat park!

Christy said...

Very cool! Maybe my kiddos and I should come to play with you :)

The Campbell Family said...

Cute little guys! I like the peacock too! Pretty new picture for your blog title too!