Tuesday, April 27, 2010

A beautiful Tuesday in Germany

Last weekend was wonderful.  The weather was great and we enjoyed time together.  Caden and I also took Collin to Luisenpark.  While we were there Collin and I decided to buy season passes.  So today during Collin's lunch hour, we all went to the park and had a picnic.  It's only about 12 minutes from Collin's office.  It was such a beautiful day and it's always nice to be outside when the weather is good.  It was in the upper 60s and sunny. 

I also have to compliment our local gas station owner.  Through Collin's job we are able to buy gasoline in Germany for a lower price.  Basically we don't pay tax for it.  In order to do this we have to prepay for our gas and pay with a debit card type thing.  It also only works at certain gas stations.  Well, this morning on Collin's way to work he stopped to get gas.  His card wouldn't work.  The owner asked him when could he come back and pay.  He then took Collin at his word that he would come back and pay the 56 Euros (which is around $75) for gas.  This happened once before.  I don't know of any gas station in America that would let someone leave, especially with that high of gas bill, and trust that they would come back if they didn't know them personally. 

I feel at times it's safer here and people still look out for each other.  Even though most Germans will not go out of their way to befriend you, they still look out for mankind.  I think I'm beginning to really like this country. 

No comments: