Yesterday morning we woke up a little early to make it to the National Prayer Breakfast that was supposed to start at 7:00am. When we arrived at the Pavilion dining room we were a little surprised that no one but us was there except the guy who was setting up the breakfast buffet. We asked the man if this was the right place to meet for the National Prayer Breakfast and he said yes. I then looked at my watch and saw the time was now 7:05 and as I pregnant woman I was very hungry. So I asked him if it was alright if we started eating and he said yes.
We piled our plates high with delicious food and still we were the only ones there. We said our own prayer for our country, family, and friends. We talked about how there must have been poor communication for us to be the only ones there and maybe they changed the time to 8:00am or something like that. Finally around 7:45 a woman walked in and asked us if we were there for the briefing. We asked her if she meant the National Prayer Breakfast. She said "no, I'm here a little early for a briefing I'm giving that starts at 8:00am." We looked at each other and thought maybe we had the wrong room. So we asked her if she was sure that was her room and if so did she know where our room was. She asked to see our tickets. Then she said, "your breakfast is not until April 17th." Embarrassed, we quickly cleaned the table, apologized, told her the food was really good and promptly left! We're looking forward to the real National Prayer Breakfast.
1 comment:
That is a great story. Atleast you got a breakfast out of it though.
Post a Comment