There is no doubt there is a higher power watching over us, our Heavenly Father. My friend took me to get my blood work done this morning. Collin is trying to let others help us so he can go to my doctor's visits with me. Grace went with us as she's just one of the most caring and compassionate kids I know. I get there and check in on my phone. As I walked in I realized I forgot my paperwork. Randall also had an appointment and I was hoping we could switch. Literally within minutes of realizing I forgot my paperwork, we ran into a friend from church, Karen Owens! I had already called Collin to see if he could bring the paper work but he was stuck in meetings and I would need to wait. Please pray for him, Collin does the work for four people and now has added on my mess. Karen is such a sweet woman and I asked her if she would mind taking Grace to my house to get my paperwork and bring it back. Y'all, she was so helpful and did it. Grace was able to tell her how to get to my house and bring it back to me. Karen is one of the kindest people. Thank you for helping me today! And thank you Grace for also being there! And thank you Randall for taking me.
Secondly, Quest is in desperate need of a better system. There were so many elderly people having trouble logging into their system. Since 2020, they got rid of having someone at the front desk to help customers. Customer service is zero and many of these people would benefit from help. Randall and I helped several people navigate signing in and getting on the waitlist. The room was packed and it's highly recommended to have an appointment but so many of these people don't know how to do that online. I know we're in the middle of elections but let's look around our community and see how we can make real changes now.
And it's fun to celebrate when someone who has been waiting for over an hour gets called back to get their blood drawn. The joy in these people's faces when they hear their name called was kind of like cheering when your favorite football team scores a touchdown. People are waiting months to get into see a doctor to have these tests done. Then stressed and confused with all the extra questions.
And no, they didn't let me switch appointments with my friend. They called me back and told me they couldn't do anything without my orders so they bumped me down on the list. It wasn't terrible. I had to fast and have hypoglycemia when I don't eat or drink which is why I usually don't go alone and am not supposed to drive right now. But I had a protein smoothie ready to drink afterwards and am doing just fine.
No comments:
Post a Comment