![]() |
| My treasure on earth at the Mother's Day event at his school |
My mother was one of the best of the best. She had a strong personality, a deep faith in Jesus, compassion for those who were weak and lacking, and loved me and my siblings more than life itself. I still am not sure why God let her die that Valentine's Day. However, I do know he has a plan for me. He also had a plan for my mom. Even though her heart was failing her, she did not let that stop her from living. She was never one who would want people to feel sorry for her. She wanted to remain strong. In fact, she planned for me and her to wake up early that morning before school to bake cookies for my teachers. Her love for others lived o
ut in everything she did. Her death shocked us all. Like I said, the morning before she died we baked cookies together. I think it's almost perfect looking back that God took her on Valentine's Day. People celebrate love on that day and what a day to leave this earth. A day many give cards to their loved ones expressing their love for them.
![]() |
| My two loves at breakfast! Look at Caden's sweet face! |
Fast forward 18 years later, I started having miscarriages. I am still shaken that I have more babies in Heaven than I do on this earth. Four of my sweet babies are in Heaven with God and Jesus. I know my mom was one of the first to welcome them there.
God blessed me with Caden before I lost my other babies. Every year on Mother's Day he and Collin remind me how wonderful and special it is to be a mom. Being a mom is hard work! It's the most tiring job I have ever had! It is also the most joyful! They blessed me with wonderful gifts and a fun-filled day. I got a wonderful gift card to one of my favorite restaurants, a pedicure, and a fun weekend. Collin really goes out of his way to make me feel special and loved. He is my best friend and a blessing from God.
Collin gave me a Mother's Day weekend which started on Friday. He took me to an awesome German restaurant. They use 100% organic ingredients in their dishes. It was authentic and delicious! I went to Caden's school for a Mother's Day cupcake celebration. On Saturday he and Caden surprised me with Marble Slab Ice Cream, my favorite!
This weekend Collin gave me a break from the kitchen. I didn't cook at all! They took me to breakfast yesterday and today started off going out to eat breakfast before church. They took me to a restaurant called Yogi's. We even made it to church a little early. That's what happens when your child is up early and you didn't prepare for the class you're teaching the night before.
After church we ate lunch at Macaroni Grill. Then we visited my maternal grandmother. She's living in an assisted living community. We took her a card and Caden wanted to give her a balloon. She is one of my favorite ladies. She was there for us and stood strong for me and my siblings after my mom passed away. I am truly grateful to her. When my sister and I needed to buy clothes, she took us. She provided so much for us. Her deep faith in our Lord was always inspiring to me. I loved how she loved God.
Then we took Caden bowling. He has an accountability chart and once he gets 10 stars he gets to go somewhere fun. He's been wanting to go bowling. I used to take him a lot when we lived in Germany, it was so cheap! This was my first time to bowl since we lived in Germany. Our scores proved it. Caden won, I came in second, only because I had the gutter blockers, and Collin third. =) He didn't have the gutter guards up and he let Caden bowl for him a few times. Usually Collin wins.
After bowling we went to see my paternal grandmother and wish her a happy mother's day. She was always very kind to us growing up and would join my maternal grandmother at all of our sporting events. She loves Caden just like my other grandmother. She is younger and in better condition so she's able to talk with him more.
We came home briefly then joined my dad and step-mother for dinner with my paternal grandmother and uncle. It was nice seeing my step-mother. I have always loved her and accepted her as my dad's wife. However, she parents very differently than my mother did. She's more of a hands-off kind of parent and an introvert who doesn't like a lot of noise or lots of people around. She's very smart and I know she loves us even if she shows it in a different way.
I got a sweet card and generous gift in the mail from my mother-in-love. Collin's mom is one of the most loving and caring people I know as well. She has never forgotten a birthday, anniversary, holiday, or any other important date. In fact, when we moved to Germany she even got an international calling plan so she wouldn't lose touch with us and could easily call us. She is an inspiration to me. Her and my father-in-love have been married for 60 years. She loves God and is faithful to Him.
I know I started this post with talking about how I used to not like Mother's Day. One thing that made it extra hard was that it always falls on Sunday. Just about every church is going to celebrate Mothers on Mother's Day, which I think is really good. Mothers are the glue that hold our society together. After my mom passed away, I continued going to church with my maternal grandparents. There was no way I would miss attending service just because I missed my mom. However, it was difficult. This morning at church I remembered my mother and how much I missed her. I don't think you ever stop missing someone you love.
I want to wish all the ladies who read this a happy mother's day! Many of you are moms, many of you aren't. Some may never be, some by choice, others because they are unable to conceive. I truly think women help make the world a better place. Since life comes from women, I think we should celebrate this day together. If you are a single dad, playing the part of a mom, I hope you have a blessed day as well. I also want to thank Collin again for helping me be the mom I am. He is wonderful! Thanks for reading.


No comments:
Post a Comment