There's a reason there's a song about Scarborough Faire. It's a fun event. I first heard about the
Scarborough Faire Renaissance Festival about 8 years ago. I honestly at the time had no desire to go. Now since I've been all over Europe and to England, I have more of an appreciation for history and different historical times. I also discovered while living in Germany that I love local festivals. I especially love to see people dressed up, taste traditional foods, and see and ride traditional rides.
My best friend, Chase, from junior high invited us to go with her husband and son. I talked with Collin and even though we didn't have "proper" attire, we decided it would be fun. Last year we joined them at May Fest and we all decided we'd wait a few years before dragging our kids back there. I have to say, Scarbourough Faire was a lot more fun than May Fest. They had musical performers, old wooden rides, that used no power or electricity, elephants and camels to ride on, and lots of things to see and do. The only downside is, it can get pretty expensive. But the way I see it, it's once a year and a pretty big event. We plan on going back and will probably make this an annual event with our friends.
 |
| Wooden boat ride that you move by pulling a rope |
 |
| Caden got his first sword! Corbin got one too. |
 |
| Some dancers |
 |
| Chase, Corbin, and Brandon watching the Titanics |
 |
| Yes, your child could ride a llama. Caden didn't want to. |
 |
| Wooden horse ride |
 |
| Caden, Chase, Corbin, and I riding the elephant |
 |
| This was the kids' first time to ride an elephant |
 |
| Chase and I with our boys |
 |
| Collin and Caden |
No comments:
Post a Comment