Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Working Together

Beautiful Dress
Collin and I photographed our first wedding together on Monday.  Some friends hired us to shoot their wedding.  I was a little hesitant because I have never photographed a wedding but excited at the same time.  My sweet friend told me that she thought I would do a good job.  I asked Collin if he would join me because I always think two photographers are better than one, especially for a wedding.  The bride was beautiful, the ceremony was lovely, the groom handsome, and everything went very smoothly.  Collin and I were a little anxious and both studied a lot as we prepared.  Overall I believe the wedding photography side of things went great!  I look forward to processing the images and sharing them with the bride and groom.  I'll also post some to my Facebook page for everyone to see. 
 
Collin and I received a lot of nice compliments in how we worked together.  A few people asked us how long we had been photographing weddings because of how well we worked together and were organized.  Another lady asked me for my business card. 
 
The wedding was in Austin.  We left Caden for the first time ever away from either of us overnight.  He stayed with my sister and brother-in-law who said he was a joy and was very good.  Caden had a great time too!  They took him swimming and invited their other nephew over who is 2 years older than he is. 
 
It was strange not having him with us but we were so busy there was really not much down time to think about it.  We dropped Caden off at 3pm and arrived in Austin and headed to the church around 7pm to talk a few things over with the wedding coordinator.  We left at 8pm for dinner and decided to eat on 6th Street.  We didn't get our food until after 9pm, we usually eat around 5:30pm, 9pm is very late for us.  :)  We got back to the hotel around 11pm and got ready for bed.  Monday we were up at 6:30am to get to the church at 8am.  We left the church around 2:45pm and didn't arrive to get Caden until 7:30pm.  It was a busy but fun day. 
 
Photographing a wedding is a fun and tiring job!  Collin and I are both sore today.  Lots of squatting and bending down took place yesterday.  But we had a great time.  We enjoy working together and both love photography.  Thank you, Gardners, for asking us to photograph your special day. 

1 comment:

Jocelyn said...

very cool, can't wait to see the pics!