It's been a while since I've written.
We have been extremely busy since moving back to the States. I'm still unpacking boxes. Which by the way, I LOVE our
house! It was not one of the original choices. It's a new construction
that is closer to my Collin's job. Being close to his job is very important to us. It's twice as far as his commute in Germany but close enough we can still meet for lunch several times a week. If we both drive 10 minutes, we meet in the middle and there are lots of great restaurants to choose from.
For Easter, we had my side of the family over
for Easter and that was a lot of fun. I signed Caden up for
gymnastics this week, have joined a MOMS Group, hung out with friends from church,
and met up with new friends. We also go to the zoo about once a week and try and meet up with friends 2-3 times a week and family on other days. Needless to say, we're rarely home. I have a goal of unpacking at least one box per day. We're down to those boxes of things that fall into the catergory of, do we really need this? Or why do we own this? But every once in a while we find something that is of value that got thrown into a box of junk. We're trying to get rid of things we don't use and not become pack rats.
Last
week I found out I was pregnant. I found out on April 10th, the due date of the baby from my second prengnacy. That was a hard day until I found out I was pregnant. Then I was hopeful. We were super excited and I
immediately called a doctor to get an appointment because my German doctor told me once I got pregnant that I needed to come into her office and get a progesterone injection. I could not get an appointment until two days later. When I went in my hGC
levels were very low, 19, and my progesterone levels were extremely low
as well, 1.2. This was not a good sign. Sadly, we ended up losing
this baby too but I was a little more prepared, since I knew what my
levels were. My German doctors never told me the numbers so I had
nothing to compare too. Even though I was more prepared mentally, it
has still been extremely hard. I have so many mixed emotions and
feelings. I went back and actually met the doctor on Wednesday and I
really like her (I met with a nurse practitioner last week). The doctor
is going to run 18 tests on me. I go in and have 17 tests done next
week. She has a lot of high risk pregnant patients and works closely
with specialists. Since this was my third miscarriage, I told her I
just want to know if I can have anymore children. If I cannot have
anymore children, then I don't want to continue trying because
emotionally I am not able to continue this. She is pretty positive that
I will be able to have more. Since we know I have a thyroid disorder
and a blood clotting disorder, we're going to try and balance all of
that out. Also, I have very low progesterone levels, so there's a good
chance I'm going to have to have injections in a future pregnancy. Once
I have the blood tests done, she wants me to take one baby Aspirin a
day with food and later start progesterone supplements. A lot was said
and I'll know more once I have the blood tests and we get the results
back.
I
will update more as I know more. Eventually I will post some fun and
interesting posts of things we're doing. Because overall, we really are
enjoying being back home. It's nice having some grandparents around and seeing old friends.
Caden loves his extended family and we are enjoying all of the
American amenities. We feel so spoiled after living in Germany to be
back in Texas and Germany is a very nice country to live in.
1 comment:
so glad you had a good experience with her and that you are going to get all things figured out and I agree you should be able to have more healthy children once it is all worked out! call me any time! Love you!
Post a Comment