Saturday, September 10, 2011

Prayers for Caden

Please say a prayer for Caden.  The doctor had us take in some of Caden's stool to a lab in Monahans and wanted us to do another blood test.  So we did this on Thursday.  Yesterday, we found out that Caden is very anemic and the doctor in Fort Worth wants us to double Caden's iron supplement.  He also wants to do an endoscopy and colonoscopy to see what is going on with his stomach.  By doing a colonsocopy they can do a biopsty and test for allergies and other things.  Thankfully they can do this as one procedure.  However, I'm the typical scared and worried mom.  I hate that Caden is going to have to go through this.  I'm sad that this was not discovered sooner in Germany.  I don't like our healthcare situation there.  The Germans are great doctors but very natural about things, which can be good.  But not if something is seriously wrong with your child.  We go back and forth between going to a German doctor and going the an Army doctor on base.  It's almost impossible for us to see a doctor on base but thankfully we have been able to get Caden in for his well-baby appointments.  Usually it's with a nurse practictioner.  I'm praising God that we're finding this out now, though.  It's strange that we take him to a gastrologist and find out he's extremely anemic before finding out why he throws-up so much.

Collin and I have been researching like crazy to confirm this is the best step to take for him.  We have to change our flight from Midland, at a cost, and miss out on 3 additional days we could spend with his family.  Sadly, his family is the main reason we came to visit during this time.  If it wasn't for them we would not have come on this trip.  Overall I believe God is looking out for us.  If it hadn't been his mom's plea for us to come see them, we would have waiting until Thanksgiving.  If we had waited that long who knows how bad Caden would be.  We are just sad that we don't have more time with them.  It really makes you want to move back to the States so we can be closer by.  I have come to really dislike international flights.  I dread them.  They are expensive, uncomfortable, and adjusting to the time difference with a young child make it miserable.

We are leaving tomorrow for Fort Worth.  The most difficult thing is giving Caden an all liquid diet on Monday.  It is going to be so hard not to give my child something to eat.  Thankfully, Tuesday's appointment is early in the morning and he can eat shortly after it.  I read online that children bounce back very quickly from this.  The benefits seem to far outweigh the risks.  But I still ask for lots of prayers.  I could not sleep last night because my thoughts kept returning to Caden's health.  Also the wild dogs and train kept me awake.

I am glad we were able to come in town, am sad that we have to leave west Texas early, but am hopeful that we will be able to find out what is going on with our precious and sweet son.  Thank you.

1 comment:

Covnitkepr1 said...

Prayer...God's way of allowing us to tap into His wonderous power. I promise to pray for Caden and his situation, for you also.

I write and maintain a spiritual blog which I have titled “AccordingtotheBook” and I’d like to invite you to follow it.