Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Our Road in Germany Continues

First of all God is awesome!  I cannot tell you how many times I have prayed and God answered.  Last December Collin was offered a job in Fort Worth.  We prayed a lot about it and accepted it even though we were uncertain if the time was right for us to return home.   I specifically asked God that if he didn't want us to move back to Texas now then to let Collin be promoted here and make it clear that we needed to stay. And, wouldn't you know it, he has been!  Silly me was doubtful that it would even be possible but God works in miraculous ways.  And a lesson to me is that God listens to my prayers and will answer them - sometimes in ways we don't expect.  This has taught me not to be afraid to pray and ask for specific guidance.

First of all I want to say congratulations to Collin.  He works extremely hard at his job and for our family.  This kind of thing is very rare that he got.  We are both blown away.  I commend his company for this promotion and reconizing the value he brings to his department.  Yet I also truly believe this is an answer to our prayers.  You see, I asked God to show us what He wanted us to do.  I specifically asked him if he wanted us to stay then to show us and let Collin get a promotion.  Well, Collin has, under extordinary terms.  Therefore, I believe God is telling us we need to stay longer in Germany.

This has been a tough decision.  We have not shared this with many people because of the uncertainty of it.  Overall I don't think we could go wrong moving back or staying.  Yet our family and some really great friends are in Texas so it is difficult being away from them.  On the other hand, there are a lot of great reasons to stay longer in Germany.  It has taken me over two years to really realize it but I finally have. 

Anyway, our big news is we are putting our trust in God and deciding to stay in Germany a little longer. 

I am still in shock over this.  In the back of my mind I was mentally prepared to come home.  I had gotten excited and even found a cool historical district to potentially buy a house in.  However, when God answers our prayer, even when we don't think what we are asking for is possible, I feel we need to listen and follow Him.  I'm still not really sure our reason for moving over here was in the first place.  Obviously it's because Collin got a job here and he really loves it.  But I mean beyond that.  What is my role?  I'm still trying to figure that out.

Now for those who were thinking about coming over and thought you didn't have time to plan a trip to Germany, here's your chance to stay at a Gasthaus with lots of Gemütlichkeit.

3 comments:

Elizabeth Whitaker said...

yippie yippie yippie!!! Congrats Collin!

The Campbell Family said...

I'm so glad you feel a clear direction in your decision of whether to stay or come home. Sometimes it is hard to listen to God's will. He obviously still has some big plans for your family in Germany. Congrats friend! Hope we will eventually be able to visit or have a play date again next time you make it to the states.

Angy said...

Didn't know you even had a blog so this is cool to read your updates. The greenhouse restaurant is actually an Italian restaurant in Mannheim not too far from the base. Yummo!