Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Happy Birthday Collin!

Today is the love of my life's birthday.  I thank God everyday for bringing Collin and I together.  He is my best friend and the best dad to Caden.  Before we started dating I remember thinking to myself, I really want to marry this man!  If I don't marry him then I hope I can find someone like him.  God answered my prayer and Collin and I have been married for 7 years.  Collin is not only Christ-like but also funny, loyal, smart, handsome, a hard worker, respectful, a great leader, provider, protector, super dad, my husband and best friend.

Today holds another important day for us.  We started dating on his birthday 8 years ago.  So this is also our dating anniversary.  In honor of Collin's birthday here are a few pictures from our early days together, ending with a few recent ones.  Happy birthday Collin!  Thank you Jim and Reba for raising such a wonderful man!  I know many of his good qualities came directly from you two.

First picture together in 2003
White Rose Ball, Austin, TX

College Senior Banquet, 2004

Day Trip to Hamilton Pool - Austin, TX (college days)

My parents at our engagement party

Engagement Picture
Just married!

Newly married, at our first apartment - look how young we were!

Dinner at Joe's Crab Shack in San Marcos, TX - nice view of San Marcos River

Oasis Restaurant in Austin, TX - great restaurant on Lake Travis

Atlanta, Georgia - one of our first family vacations

Collin and his parents on Mother's Day in 2006
Collin and Mali, our first dog - what a sweet pup she was!
Collin and 1 month old Caden in The Netherlands
Collin and Caden almost 20 months at a castle in Selestat, France

2 comments:

The Campbell Family said...

Happy Bday Collin! Hope ya'll have a wonderful celebration!

Jocelyn said...

Happy Birthday to Collin!
I love all the pics! You guys look so young but also haven't changed much :) You both still look great!