Today Caden is 16 months old. We were in the States when he was 15 months old and I did not get a chance to blog about last month. So I'll combine this blog post with the past two months.
We took him to the doctor in the States for his 15 month check-up since he was sick. Here are his stats from last month when he was 15 months old.
Weight: 24 lbs 8 oz - 50 percentile
Height: 32 1/2 in. - 90 percentile
Head circ: 18 in. - 20% percentile
Caden is at such a fun age right now. He's constantly learning more and more. I am amazed almost every day at something he does. He is starting to copy more words that we say. He follows instructions very well and loves to bring us things. Some of his favorite and new words to say are: buddy, money, shoes, socks, lion, shirt, and chair. He also tries to copy me when I make animal sounds. He is so cute when he talks.
I enrolled Caden in gymnastics and his first class was yesterday. Unfortunately, the lady signed us up for the 2-3 year olds so it was a little advanced. We stayed for most of the class and he participated in the group activities. I was happy that after introducing himself he went to hit the tambourine the teacher was holding and came back and sat on my lap like the older children did. When they started that we were third to go and I was thinking we should have sat further down so he could see more kids do it. He loved the class including the trampolines and rolling on the mats. I'm really excited about his class. It's for Moms, Dads, and Tots. I was surprised how many dads were there. I was glad to see so many men taking their kids. If Collin is ever able to take part of the morning off I think he'd enjoy taking Caden. I was also happy to see some of our friends in his new class. Since I signed him up late I wasn't sure who was going to be there.
It seems like our lives are getting busier and busier. I'm a discussion group leader at MOPS this year. I missed the first two meetings when we were in the States and am glad to be back. My small group is getting together Friday for a play date. I joined a great ladies' Bible study group at the chapel and Collin is still teaching the youth group at church. Besides our regular activities, we have a few trips planned including going to Paris for Thanksgiving. We are super excited about it. I have a few photography sessions over the next few weekends that I'm looking forward to doing. I just hope the weather stays good. The weather is now cold but thankfully we have great heaters.
Collin and I dropped Caden off last Saturday at the Parents' Day Out program on post. He did great! We only left him for 4 of the 6 hours. Collin and I went to eat at a boat restaurant on the river for lunch. We have wanted to eat there since we first saw it. Then walked downtown and ate dessert and drank coffee at a cafe. Doing things like that make us really enjoy living here. In Texas the only place you walk around is the mall, downtown, or a town square it seems. Unless you're walking to a park. We also went to a movie last Thursday while our sweet friends watched Caden. It was a wonderful break. I'm so glad Caden's now at an age he likes being with other kids and is fine being away from us for a short amount of time.
Here are some recent pictures.
First day of gymanstics
He loved walking on the LONG trampoline
He did great!
Ducks are one of Caden's favorite animals. He was super excited to see this
huge duck at a department store yesterday
1 comment:
cute post! i love the pics and can't believe how similar in size he and Levi continue to be they weighed the EXACT same at their 15month apts!!!
The gymnastics classes are a great and fun idea, I bet they will help his balance and coordination while being fun too! I took as a kid.
Post a Comment