Saturday, June 5, 2010

Ireland continued...

Here is the second part of our time in Ireland.

Day 5 - Wicklow Mountains, Glendalough, Powers Court, and Bray Head

Today we drove through the Wicklow Mountains to the coastal town of Bray.  On our drive we saw where scenes of several famous movies were filmed such as Braveheart and PS I Love You. We stopped in Glendalough, walked around, saw the monuments: Round Tower, Church, and Cemetery, and then drove to Powers Court, the home of the most beautiful gardens in Ireland. We had a wonderful lunch at Powers Court and spent a few hours in the gardens.  After Powers Court we drove to Bray Head, a touristy beach town.  Caden fell asleep so we decided to drive through Dublin before dinner.


Wicklow Mountains

Round Tower in Glendalough

Church in Glendalough
Powers Court

Powers Court
Caden practicing his new walking skill

Gardens at Powers Court

Powers Court fountain and castle

Bray Head Beach - not too exciting

Dublin Castle

Prettier coastal town

Day 6 - Day in Dublin

We decided to spend our last full day in Dublin. We ate a nice Irish lunch and walked across the Ha'Penny Bridge. We visited some nice bookstores, bought some books in English, and went to Trinity College. Collin saw the amazing library and Book of Kells. I decided not to go in and let Caden play while Collin walked through. We ended our last night in Ireland with a very fancy dinner. I wish I had my camera. The food was not only delicious but very artistic too.

Ha'Penny Bridge


Ha'Penny Bridge
Trinity College
In honor of U2 - too bad we didn't have time to stop and eat something here

Day 7 - Back to Germany

We went to the airport early this morning and flew back to Germany. We had a great vacation! The Irish people are friendly and the country is beautiful. We'd love to go back some day.

2 comments:

Jocelyn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Campbell Family said...

I've been most of the places you have pictures of! I LOVED Ireland too!! :) Glendalough and Dublin especially! :)