This past week I turned 28. I used to think 28 was pretty old. Now it seems young. I had a great birthday this year. We kept things pretty low key. Collin took me and Caden to a wonderful restaurant in Mannheim called Skyline. It's in a tower overlooking the city. The top of the tower is shaped like a globe and it revolves around the city just like the Reunion Tower in Dallas. The food was fabulous. Collin also bought me beautiful roses and a gift card for a full day at the spa. I picked myself up an ice cream cake and I also bought a Senseo Coffee Maker. We have been wanting one for a while. This past week I met a babysitter so hopefully I can redeem my present soon.
It is strange, I used to be more excited about my birthday. In fact, Collin used to think I celebrated my birthday twice a year, my actual birthday and my half birthday. He actually still buys me a cake and card for my half birthday even though my half birthday is close to Christmas. Now that I'm a mom and knowing that Caden's birthday is just 5 days after mine, I have been more involved planning and preparing for his first birthday party. I think that is natural.
So much happened last year with the birth of Caden and traveling all over that I hope to have a little more down time this year. Like always I want to continue deepening my relationship with Christ and try and be the best wife, mother, daughter, friend, and sister I can be. 27 was one of the best years of my life and I plan on 28 being just as good if not better. I don't want to look back when I'm 80 and say, "remember the good old days?" I want to make every year good, even though bad and sad things will happen. Since we don't know how long we will live I think it's important to live each day to the fullest.
Here are some pictures from my birthday.
I love this boy!
Caden loved looking out over the city
I had the Spinach Strudel with mixed veggies, it was delicious!
Collin had the Pork Medalions with mushrooms, spaetzle, mixed veggies, and kohlrabi - it was wonderful too
You can just visit the observation deck right below the restaurant
3 comments:
I am glad you had a wonderful day. You are a great wife, mother, and friend. I strive to and hope to be such an awesome example as you have become. I totally miss hanging out with you and Collin and now I cant wait to meet Caden. I hope to visit before yall leave Germany and I am aiming for next year sometime in late spring early summer. Have a great day and TTYS!
Glad to see you had a nice birthday! You look beautiful in the pictures! I can't believe Caden will be 1 in two days! Congrats on doing great during your first year of motherhood :) I'm sure year 28 will bring lots more love and exciting times!
28 is not old! I will be 29 in September! Ack! That restaurant looks wonderful and it does remind me of Reunion Tower. Are you from Dallas originally? I was born and raised in Lakewood. ;) Glad you had a good birthday, and I must check out that restaurant whenever we go to Mannheim!
Post a Comment