Over a week ago my good friend Emily came to visit us for two weeks. We have been having a lot of fun. I will try and blog about our trips over the next couple of days. Last week we spent five days in Paris. Unfortunately, Collin was unable to come. This was our first time to go to Paris. I plan on going back to Paris with Collin while we are living overseas, it was a beautiful city.
In Paris Emily and I visited a lot of wonderful sights and saw some amazing and not so amazing art. We went to Notre Dame where Emily climbed almost 400 stairs to the top, I went to a little cafe and waited with Edie. We both went to the top of the Arc de Triumph, the top of the Eiffel Tower, the Louvre Museum, Musée d'Orsay, visited Chateau de Versailles, and did some shopping. The weather was great, a little cold but with a hat, scarf, and gloves we felt great. The lines were short and the air was crisp. We stayed with my friend Erin's parents who are living in Paris and they were two of the most generous hosts. I enjoyed getting to know them better.
In Paris Emily and I visited a lot of wonderful sights and saw some amazing and not so amazing art. We went to Notre Dame where Emily climbed almost 400 stairs to the top, I went to a little cafe and waited with Edie. We both went to the top of the Arc de Triumph, the top of the Eiffel Tower, the Louvre Museum, Musée d'Orsay, visited Chateau de Versailles, and did some shopping. The weather was great, a little cold but with a hat, scarf, and gloves we felt great. The lines were short and the air was crisp. We stayed with my friend Erin's parents who are living in Paris and they were two of the most generous hosts. I enjoyed getting to know them better.
Being 5 1/2 months pregnant I thought I would have more difficulty getting around. However, my energy level has been pretty good. I avoided climbing extra stairs apart from the ones I could not avoid such as the stairs in the Louvre, Metro station, and other necessary ones but rather looked for the elevator signs. That really helped a lot. Every night my legs and feet hurt but I think that is pretty normal when you spend all day walking and standing.
We had been warned of pickpockets and thankfully did not have any problems. Of course we did not carry a purse and used our money belts. Emily said she felt more safe in Paris than in New York. It has been too long since I have been to New York for me to have an opinion. The Metro (subway system) was great in Paris. We were able to navigate very easily even though it was in French. Also we met a lot of really nice French people. The three most important questions I found to ask in French were: Where is the restroom? Where is the Metro? Do you speak English?
Here are some pictures from our trip to Paris:
We had been warned of pickpockets and thankfully did not have any problems. Of course we did not carry a purse and used our money belts. Emily said she felt more safe in Paris than in New York. It has been too long since I have been to New York for me to have an opinion. The Metro (subway system) was great in Paris. We were able to navigate very easily even though it was in French. Also we met a lot of really nice French people. The three most important questions I found to ask in French were: Where is the restroom? Where is the Metro? Do you speak English?
Here are some pictures from our trip to Paris:
Here we are in front of Notre Dame
The Eiffel Tower
Arc de Triumph
Here I am, pregnant, in front of the Louvre.
Emily standing outside the Musée d'Orsay
Outside the Chateau de Versailles
No comments:
Post a Comment