This morning I took Emily to the airport. This was my first time driving to the airport. It was raining but thanks to my GPS I had no problems navigating there and back home. Emily and I had a great time these past two weeks, going to Paris and seeing various parts of Germany. Collin and I will miss having her here. We love having friends visit.
Last weekend Collin, Emily, and I took two day trips. On Saturday we went to Rothenburg ob der Tauber. We ate lunch and then visited the Medieval Crime Museum. Collin and I have been wanting to visit the crime museum for some time. Reading and seeing how people were punished really made us appreciate living during this time period. The museum featured legal conditions governing the lives of our forefathers. We also went to a Christmas shop and bought some gifts. Rothenburg is home to many amazing year-round Christmas stores. Lastly, we walked around part of the wall surrounding the city. I love medieval towns with city walls.
Sunday after church we went to Bad Dürkheim. We ate lunch in the world's largest barrel. The food was absolutely wonderful. After lunch we visited a winery - there are vineyards everywhere in this part of Germany, then headed to one of the castles in town. We parked and hiked up the mountain to see the castle ruins and a restaurant inside the castle. We stood in aw of the view from the top of the mountain before storming the castle. Before heading back down the mountain we decided to have some ice cream and hot chocolate in the castle restaurant. The desserts were delicious! Next time we go there we will try the other food in the castle. The prices were really not too bad especially considering you are eating in a castle.
Here are a few pictures from last weekend:
The castle in Bad Dürkheim
This past week Emily and I explored old town Heidelberg and took the train up the mountain to the king's stool and went shopping in Mannheim. The weather was cold, thankfully the day we went to Heidelberg the sun was shining, I think that was the only day it was out all week. Yesterday it rained all day so we did not do too much.
Here are some pictures from our trips to Heidelberg and Mannheim:
Heidelberg Castle
One of three trains we took to get to the top of the mountain
Taken next to the Heidelberg castle
1 comment:
Hey! I have some of those same pics from college!! I stood in that thingy outside the crime and punishment museum with my friend! So weird!
Post a Comment