Collin and I just celebrated our 12th wedding anniversary! What a fun and crazy dozen years these have been! New Year's Eve we stayed home and went to bed before midnight. New Year's Day we took the kids to eat at Texas De Brazil for lunch. It was partly for a nice lunch as well as part of an early anniversary date for our family. We had not eaten there in years. Really since before we moved to Germany 7 years ago. Caden LOVED it!! He was the cutest thing. They seated us upstairs which we will never do again with young kids since the fantastic salad bar is downstairs. I let him ride the elevator upstairs alone to Collin and Jackson while Grace and I were finishing getting our salads. He was so excited to see shrimp on the salad bar. When the first guy came by with the meat on the skewers, Caden proudly said, "yes, I'd love some of that meat. And guess what? I'm six years old and I road the elevator by myself!" He told about 3 or 4 different workers that. He loved the meat and gobbled it up. Grace loved it too as did Collin and I.
On our anniversary, we took the kids to Bravo for lunch. It's a delicious Italian Restaurant. The kids loved it and we ended up getting three desserts! Two of their chocolate molten cake-like desserts with gelato and one cream brulee that was on the house.
I feel so incredibly blessed to have such a wonderful, kind, Christ-like, loving, supportive husband who loves me and my children so much. Here's to many, many more anniversaries! It seems like we've done so much in these past 12 years and yet in the grand scheme of things, it's really not that long. The biggest changes this past year were the birth of Jackson, changing churches, and Caden attending a part-time school. We all have had our challenges as well as blessings. We are enjoying life with the three kids that God has blessed us with.
 |
| Wedding Day! |
 |
| 12 years later, we're a family of 5! |
 |
| Poor Jackson was tired. |
 |
| This was the selfie we took. Haha. |
 |
| Texas De Brazil, New Year's Day |
 |
| Sweet baby slept part of the time we were there |
 |
| Part of the time Mommy or Daddy held him |
 |
| Family picture at Texas De Brazil, sweet Gracie wasn't looking |
 |
| Daddy and his girl! |
 |
| Mommy and her boys! |
No comments:
Post a Comment