
This past weekend we went camping for the first time as a family. Collin and I went camping around 11 years ago when we were first married. Caden is in Trail Life which is kind of like boy scouts but a Christian scouting group. They had a family camp out this past weekend at Fort Griffin. It was fun. We glamped and stayed in the climate controlled shelter rather than in a tent in the 40 degree weather. A good friend of mine glamps there every year and she gave me the heads up and I felt it was fine to try with the two little kids. Caden wants to stay in a tent next time and probably will have lots of fun tent camping experiences with Collin and later Jackson.
The stars were pretty at night. The boys had a great time. I stayed in the shelter most of the time with Jackson and some with Grace while Jackson napped. That's the one hard thing about traveling with little kids and babies is how much they need to nap and rest. The car ride was not the most enjoyable experience as Jackson does not like the car but we made it and he didn't cry too, too bad. We just stopped more than if he loved the car. I would not want to travel any further than this until he is more comfortable riding in the car.
Caden's favorite part of the camping trip was the campfire. He also enjoyed hiking with the guys. Collin and Grace went hiking with them while I stayed with Jackson. Friday night we had smores and let Caden hang out with his troop while we tried to put the little kids to bed. We only stayed one night, instead of two. When we were almost done packing up it started raining. I was really glad we decided to go ahead and head home. We had a packed day on Sunday.
Caden had an encounter with a barbed wire fence. He's okay, thankfully! His troop also did some community service while they were there. They picked up the trash all around the camp ground.
I recommend Fort Griffin. I did get to see some of the Indian ruins and they had golf carts you could borrow for free to drive around if you have a little kid or are unable to walk it.
It was really nice to get away from the city and unplug from cell service and the internet. And I see more camping or family glamping trips in our future. Of course when we were gone there was a horrible attack on Paris. We are praying for the families involved in that horrible event.
 |
| His poor nose! |
 |
| Caden and Elizabeth |
 |
| He loved exploring |
 |
| Our climber! |
 |
| Grace and Izzy |
 |
| The shelter |
 |
| We set up two queen air mattresses |
 |
| There was even a picnic table inside |
 |
| I took my own little hike down to see the river |
 |
| Sweet napping Jackson |
 |
| At night |
 |
| Car ride home. The first and probably only time all three kids will nap at the same time! |
 |
| Sweet baby! |
No comments:
Post a Comment