Caden is officially in 1st grade, even thought he did some first grade work last year. The newest thing for him this year is a new school. He is going to a semi-private school on Tuesdays and Thursdays and we homeschool Mon/Wed/Fri. I was hoping he'd love it but so far he's not been very excited about it. Which is a shame because he loves learning.
After his first day...
C: Mom, I'm there way too long and it's boring.
Me: What was your favorite thing?
C: Lunch and Art
This week...
C: I'm not going to school today.
Me: Why do you think you're not?
C: Because I'm sick.
Me: What's wrong?
C: I have a cough..cough cough
(He's not sick, by the way and did go to school)
This is going to be harder than I thought. I was hoping he'd jump for joy to go everyday. Right now I feel like I'm failing at being a mom. :(
Now that he's gone for three weeks, he enjoys lunch, art, playing outside, and computer class. He's still not excited about being at a school all day. He does like earning dojo points and is doing great with that. His teacher said he is very polite and sometimes will tell her he doesn't want to do something but then he'll go and do it after she tells him that's what they're doing.
Sadly, the workload is pretty easy. We did some of it last year, even, That's the hardest thing about homeschooling is that you can keep going when your child has it down and is done. He has 9 kids in his class, which I like small classes. He is there a long time but so are kids in public schools and full time private schools. I remember being bored at school and thinking I was there too long from time to time. And I never had the blessing to try homeschooling. I told him we'd give it a year and talk about it as often as he wants. I do miss homeschooling him full time. However, I'm enjoying the break and with having a newborn and a toddler, I'm unable to get out as much as I'd like to take Caden to things that we used to do. So for now, this is what we're going to do. I was just hoping he'd like it more than he does. He also misses his friends from his classes last year, both at his school and at his co-op. Please say a prayer for him that he finds more joy.


No comments:
Post a Comment