Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Adusting to being a Family of 5!

Having 3 kids has kept us super busy! Thankfully, Collin was able to take two weeks off after Jackson was born to help me at home. Then last week he was able to work part-time from home as we continued to adjust as a family of 5. I'm doing pretty well but have realized I'm not going to be able to go many places for a while with two kids under 2. At least, alone. Not to mention taking all three kids somewhere. Sleep has become somewhat of a thing of the past. Jackson usually wakes up 1-2 times at night, which is great, but his sister still gets up super early, usually between 5 and 6am. So I'll be done feeding Jackson and barely get back to sleep when I'm awoken by another child. Most of the time Gracie will go back to sleep for about an hour but it's still an interruption to our sleep. Bedtime takes a good two hours to get all the kids to bed. We're learning and growing.

The kids are all so sweet to each other. I could ask for better and kinder children and we are beyond blessed to have each of them. Caden started 1st grade and his new school which I'll write about soon. Jackson turned 3 weeks old yesterday and at his 2 week appointment he had gained 1 lb, 2 oz above his birth weight, weighing in at 8 lbs, 12 oz. He's healthy and thriving! We are all so in love with him and our family. Here are some pictures from the past few crazy and exhausting weeks.






First time we all road in the car together

Jackson with his doctor

Two rear faced children, one forward facing child


























We went to the Compassion Experience






No comments: