My son and I almost share the same birthday,
almost! We had his big birthday party this weekend and celebrated mine the next day. I don't have parties for my birthday anymore, maybe when I turn 40, but I love having parties for my kids. I felt like I got to celebrate indirectly with some of my friends by having my son's friends and their parents over.
I love years when my birthday falls on Father's Day (I'm being sarcastic). Actually, as a kid I didn't like it but as an adult it's not too bad. We went to church and ate at Pei Wei for lunch. We were trying to pick something that wouldn't be too crowded. We saw 4 other families from church who had the same idea as us! Small world! We had my parents over for steaks and ice cream cake last night. We decided we'd go out with them for my birthday today but celebrate Father's Day and birthday at home last night. This is getting wordy. Collin bought me curtains for our bedroom, which I've wanted for a while but couldn't decide on ones I liked. We might also get some for our living room.
We had a wonderful day. I am so blessed to have such a wonderful dad and husband. My father-in-law is awesome too! I wish he lived closer to us! All three men work/worked very hard for their families, try and put Christ first, are honest, fun, adventurous, and loving. I hope they all had a wonderful day!
This birthday was extra special because it was the first birthday I had with two kids. I love my family, both immediate and extended.
 |
We gave Collin his Father's Day present
Collin made a mug with his hand print on it which we turned into a fish |
 |
| Front of card |
 |
| Inside card |
 |
| We ended the day with some cheese, fruit, and vino |
1 comment:
Glad to see you had a nice father's day and birthday! Sorry we missed Caden's party, looks like it was great as well!
Post a Comment