Saturday, February 15, 2014

Valentine's Day

This past Valentine's Day marked 20 years since the passing of my mother. I cannot believe two decades have gone by. It's amazing how fast this life passes. She was such a beautiful person, both inside and out. A dedicated and strong Christian woman who had compassion and showed a lot of grace and mercy to those around her.
 
It was hard losing my mom when I was a kid. I used to be bitter and angry about it. It wasn't fair and I didn't understand why God would take a child's mom away from them. I still don't know why she had to die so young. I don't know why anyone who is young dies when they do. But I do know that God is here for us. He's always provided people in my life so I wouldn't be alone. They of course are no substitution for my mom but He never let me down.

After Caden was born I decided I no longer was going to avoid doing Valentine Day things. It just wouldn't be fair to him. The morning my mom died, we got up early and baked chocolate chip cookies for my teachers, so it was clearly a day she enjoyed. This year we went to a friend's house for a Valentine's Day party. It was with some of our homeschool friends. The kids exchanged Valentines and had a fun time playing together. Gracie was a sweet baby as always. I look forward to her playing with the kids and running around as she gets older.

I'll never forget or stop loving my mom and hope her beauty and legacy shines through me and my children. Hopefully she's dancing in Heaven with the four babies I lost on earth. I know children brought her a lot of joy.

Valentine's Caden and I made for his grandparents and Dad

Beautiful roses from Collin and a cute box and ladybug from Caden




Valentine's Day Party with friends

 

 

No comments: