![]() |
| I think I'll make a hat to complete this! |
Caden wanted to be an egg for Halloween this year, among other things. He's also wanted to be a shark and a jellyfish. However, today he was set on being an egg. A hard boiled egg. I decided I would try and make my first Halloween costume ever! Since I don't really sew, I wanted to make this as easy and cheap as possible, just in case it didn't turn out very good. This ended up costing me nothing because I had all the materials I needed. You could do the same thing and make a pumpkin or tomato costume, just use an orange or red shirt.
For my first costume, I think it's pretty cute. I'm thinking about
adding a hat and maybe adding words on the bag that say something like,
"crack me if you can!" If he ends up wearing this on Halloween or to
any of the parties we go to, he can dress warm or cool. Our weather in
Texas is very unpredictable. He may end up just wanting to wear this for fun around the house. Another nice thing about it is it's easy to wash.
Egg Costume Materials
- 1 white shirt (I used one of Collin's)
- 1/4 in. elastic (I had 1/2 in elastic so I cut it in half)
- safety pins for "sewing"
Before you begin, measure around your child's legs and arms where the shirt will fall. Cut the elastic a little bigger than their arms and waist or legs so it's comfortable for them.
![]() |
| All you need is 4 simple things |







No comments:
Post a Comment